If you couldn’t make it to Nashville in September for the 2016 Americana Music Festival, PBS has the next best thing with the airing of a special episode of Austin City Limits on Nov. 19.
ACL Presents Americana Music Festival 2016, which will premiere on Friday, Nov. 19, 8 p.m. CT, will feature more than a dozen performances from the Americana Honors & Awards ceremony, including songs from George Strait, Dwight Yoakam, Jason Isbell and Steve Earle. Recorded live at Nashville’s historic Ryman Auditorium on September 21, the Americana Honors & Awards ceremony is a celebration of music that is authentic, diverse and original from many genres, both traditional and contemporary.
In addition to the performances, a number of awards were given out, including Artist of the Year (Chris Stapleton), New Artist of the Year (Margo Price) and Album of the Year (Jason Isbell’s Something More Than Free), as well as Lifetime Achievement awards for Shawn Colvin, William Bell, Bob Weir and Jim Lauderdale.
The hour-long broadcast is hosted by Americana kingpin Jim Lauderdale, and performers are backed by a house band led by Buddy Miller.
Set list for ACL Presents Americana Music Festival 2016:
- Bob Weir: “Mama Tried”
- The Lumineers: “Angela”
- Bonnie Raitt: “Gypsy in Me”
- Parker Millsap “Heaven Sent”
- Jason Isbell: “If It Takes a Lifetime”
- Steve Earle: “Desperados Waiting for a Train”
- Dwight Yoakam: “What I Don’t Know”
- Margo Price: “Tennessee Song”
- Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats: “Wasting Time”
- William Bell: “Three of Me” feat. Bonnie Raitt
- Alison Krauss: “Gloryland” feat. Stuart Duncan, Melonie Cannon and Buddy Miller
- Emmylou Harris & Rodney Crowell: “Bring It On Home”
- George Strait and Jim Lauderdale: “King of Broken Hearts”