As we welcome cooler weather and the changing of the seasons, we also tend to see the arrival of flu season.
Hi this is Jody Jo. Each year, millions of people suffer from seasonal flu. Let’s PREVENT the flu together by practicing a few simple rules you can do to help your family and friends stay healthy and prevent the flu from spreading. The good news is that the flu virus is preventable Here are some tips to help you stay well this season from Kaweah Delta Health Care District.
- You can protect others by coughing or sneezing in to a tissue or into your elbow.
- Make sure you wash or sanitize your hands regularly.
- Eat healthy foods, drink plenty of water and make sure you get enough sleep.
- Get a flu shot
- Eliminate the spread of germs by disinfecting frequency touched surfaces at home and at work.
- Never touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
And most of all try to avoid close contact with people who are sick.
Don’t let the Flu knock you out this season. To learn more about staying healthy during flu season go to Kaweah
Here are some helpful resources for more information: